KIPP Metro Atlanta Board of Directors
Jack Ward, Chair
Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Russell Corporation
Chief Executive Officer, Families First
Senior Vice President and Manager, Not-For-Profit and Government Banking division, SunTrust Atlanta
Managing Director, Raymond James & Associates
Attorney and Owner, The Bernstein Firm, P.C.
Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer, GMT Capital Corp
Partner, Jones Day
Director of Strategic Development, Healthgrades
Professor and Former Dean, Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson’s College of Business
Managing Director, McKenna Long & Aldridge, LLP
Retired Chief Investment Officer, Cousins Properties
Managing Director, Marketing, Recruiting and Special Project, GMT Capital Corp
Executive Director of Legal Affairs, University of Georgia
President, Recall North America
Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
Board Meeting Dates
Friday, January 24, 2014 from 8:00 am until 11:00 am at KIPP Atlanta Collegiate. Click here for the agenda.
Friday, April 25, 2014 from 8:00 am until 11:00 am at KIPP South Fulton Academy
Friday, June 27, 2014 from 8:00 am until 11:00 am at KIPP Vision Academy
Board Meeting Participation Policy
All KIPP Metro Atlanta Board meetings are open to the public. Meeting dates and times are available on the organization’s website.
Time is set aside at each of its regularly-scheduled quarterly meetings to provide stakeholders the opportunity to address the Board. The public comment period is designed to gain input from the public and not for immediate responses by the Board to the public comments presented.
Individuals who wish to address issues related to an individual school should communicate directly with the school’s advisory board using that school’s advisory board communication protocols or by following the established grievance process outlined in the student/parent handbook (if applicable). Individuals who wish to address the regional governing board about a more global concern at a Board meeting will be required to sign up in advance of the meeting by calling the executive director’s office at least 24 hours in advance.
- Speakers should be courteous and professional. The presiding Board officer may terminate public comments that are profane, vulgar or defamatory.
- Speakers will be heard in the order in which they called in.
- Speakers have three minutes each and must stop speaking promptly when signaled.
- The board reserves the right to cap the public comment period to the first 7 parents who sign up.
- Speakers may not address confidential student or personnel matters, but may submit such concerns to the Board in writing.
- Board members will not respond to the comments during the meeting. If follow-up is necessary, the appropriate staff or a representative of the Board will follow-up in a timely manner via email, letter, or telephone.