Enroll Your Child
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate High School is a free, public charter school. Admission to KIPP Atlanta Collegiate is granted to students regardless of prior academic record, conduct or socioeconomic background. This means there are no academic requirements that need to be met for enrollment. The only enrollment requirement is that your child resides within the Atlanta Public Schools district. If there are more interested students and families than we have space for, a lottery is conducted for admission. Upon enrollment, you will be asked to sign the school's Commitment to Excellence which outlines the commitments you, your child, and your child’s teacher agree to make to ensure a successful experience at KIPP Atlanta Collegiate.
Open enrollment for the 2016-17 school year has closed. You may submit a waitlist application below.
Open House Information
Open Houses for prospective parents will be held at KIPP Atlanta Collegiate on the following dates:
- Monday, Feb. 29, 2016 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. CANCELED
Any student zoned to Atlanta Public Schools is eligible for enrollment in KIPP Atlanta Collegiate. KIPP is a four-year program, and therefore students are expected to commit to the school from 9th-12th grade. Families are encouraged to enroll during their child’s 8th grade year (for 9th grade) as slots are very limited in upper grades. There is no academic prerequisite for admission to KIPP Atlanta Collegiate. The open enrollment period began on January 1, 2016 and ended at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2016. All current KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools 8th grade students who did not submit an Intent to Enroll form by the December 18, 2015 deadline must complete an online application form to be considered for enrollment.
The attendance zone for KIPP Atlanta Collegiate includes all areas within the Atlanta Public Schools attendance zones.
Interested families may apply by completing an online application during open enrollment.
- Eligibility: Students must be eligible to attend Atlanta Public Schools in order to apply to KIPP Atlanta Collegiate. Applications submitted with an ineligible address will not be approved and will not be included in the lottery. You may confirm your eligibility for the Atlanta Public Schools' attendance zone by clicking here.
- Duplicate Applications: Parents must submit one application per student. Multiple applications for the same student will be discarded.
- Multiple Births (twins, triplets): Multiple births may use one application form and will be treated identically during the application, lottery, and waitlist process. If multiple birth students are not applying to the same grade level, a separate application must be completed for each student
Enrollment priorities will be applied to enrollment applications received during open enrollment as follows:
- Priority 1: Student whose parent or guardian is a member of the KIPP Metro Atlanta Board of Directors or is an employee of KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools.
- Priority 2: Student who is a sibling of a student currently enrolled in a KIPP Metro Atlanta school.
- Priority 3: Student who matriculates from a KIPP Metro Atlanta school.
- Priority 4: Student who resides in the charter attendance focus areas as described above.
Enrollment priorities will be verified before an application is approved and included in the lottery. Enrollment priorities are not applied after open enrollment closes; applications received after open enrollment closes are added to the end of the waitlist in order of receipt.
If the number of qualified applications completed during open enrollment to KIPP Atlanta Collegiate exceeds capacity, a lottery will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. The lottery is a random selection process and is held once each year. Following the lottery, families will be notified of their child's school seat or waitlist status.
After the open enrollment period closes on March 15th, interested parents may still submit an enrollment application. Applications received after open enrollment will place students at the end of the waiting list based on the order received. If seats become available after the lottery, they are filled by applicants, in order, on the waiting list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to attend?
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate High School will be serving students in grades 9-12 in the 2016-17 school year. Any 8th grader zoned to Atlanta Public Schools is eligible to enroll for 9th grade. The school does not consider grades or test scores.
Because the KIPP experience is based upon a four-year model, students are expected to commit to KIPP Atlanta Collegiate beginning in 9th grade. In order to make the school available to as many students as possible, KIPP Atlanta Collegiate will continue to admit new students in the upper grades if slots are available.
Where is the school located?
The school is located at 98 Anderson Avenue NW in West Atlanta at the former Turner Middle School facility.
What is a charter school?
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate is a free public charter school. The school operates using public tax dollars and its charter is authorized by the Atlanta Board of Education and the Georgia State Board of Education. Students are eligible for the same state and federal programs (including free or reduced lunch) at KIPP Atlanta Collegiate.
Are uniforms required?
Yes, students are required to wear uniforms each day. Uniform shirts are provided by the school for a small fee.
Is transportation provided?
The school is committed to working with families throughout West Atlanta to meet their transportation needs. Currently, students are issued MARTA passes.