At KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools, we believe all students can climb the mountain to and through college. In order to support this goal, KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools recruits, selects, and trains highly effective teachers, provides them with high-quality curriculum and continuous professional development, and creates a strong culture of achievement in each school.
KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools focuses on results, more time and high expectations. Our students:
- Attend school daily from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm (except Wednesday when the students are dismissed at 3:00 pm)
- Attend school for 1/2 day every other Saturday (as required)
- Attend a two-to-three week summer session prior to the start of the full school year
KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools' curriculum is a teacher created scope and sequence, which is mapped in units against the Georgia Common Core Performance Standards. Each year teachers revise the scope and sequence to make it stronger.
KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools uses multiple assessments to determine our students’ academic growth and achievements.
- Interim Assessments: KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools administers regional assessments each quarter to provide data to teachers to allow them to tailor their instruction based on the students’ mastery of the standards.
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP): this national norm-referenced test allows KIPP teachers to assess student growth throughout the year.
- Georgia Criterion Referenced Competency Test (CRCT): the CRCT measures how well students acquire the skills and knowledge described in the Georgia Performance Standards. All public schools, including charter schools, are required to administer the CRCT each year.
- Writing Test: Georgia’s performance-based writing assessments are administered to students in grades three, five, eight, and eleven each year.
- End-of-Course-Test (EOCT): high school students take Georgia's EOCTs in a range of high school courses.
At KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools, we believe learning should be challenging and fun. We offer multiple enrichments including monthly local field trips, sports, music and arts programs, and yearly out-of-state field lessons. Our students have traveled to locations such as Washington, DC, the mountains of North Carolina, New York City, Miami, Puerto Rico, Jamaica and Ghana, West Africa.
To learn more about each school’s academic program click on their logo below.