Clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct that creates and reinforces a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
Strength of Character
Success in life depends on more than academic learning. We help students foster character strengths like optimism, curiosity, and grit that will help them succed in school and beyond.
Highly Skilled Teachers & Leaders
Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We recruit the best talent for our scholars, empower our school teams, and invest in leadership and training rather than in bureaucracy.
Safe & Structured Environments
Physical and emotional safety is needed for students to take risks and learn from their successes and their mistakes. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions so our students love school and maximize their learning.
KIPP Through College
Our counselors and advisors support students as they prepare for and select the right colleges for their needs and interests. After high school, we help KIPP alumni navigate the social, academic, and financial challenges they might encounter while in college.
To equip students with the academic skills, scholarly habits, and character traits necessary to be successful in top-quality colleges and the competitive world beyond.
The KIPP Commitment
KIPP is a partnership among parents, students, and teachers that puts learning first. All three parties sign a learning pledge called the “Commitment to Excellence” which ensures that each individual will do whatever it takes to help the student learn. While the exact language included in each school’s Commitment to Excellence may vary, below are examples of this commitment.
- We will always teach in the best way we know how and we will do whatever it takes for our students to learn.
- We will always make ourselves available to students and parents, and address any concerns they might have.
- We will always protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the classroom.
Parent’s / Guardian’s Commitment:
- We will make sure our child arrives at KIPP every day by 7:25 a.m. (Monday to Friday) or boards a KIPP bus at the scheduled time.
- We will always help our child in the best way we know how and we will do whatever it takes for him/her to learn. This also means that we will check our child’s homework every night, let him/her call the teacher if there is a problem with the homework, and try to read with him/her every night.
- We will always make ourselves available to our children and the school, and address any concerns they might have. This also means that if our child is going to miss school, we will notify the teacher as soon as possible, and we will carefully read any and all papers that the school sends home to us.
- I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes for me and my fellow students to learn. This also means that I will complete all of my homework every night, I will call my teachers if I have a problem with the homework or a problem with coming to school, and I will raise my hand and ask questions in class if I do not understand something.
- I will always behave so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the classroom. This also means that I will always listen to all my KIPP teammates and give everyone my respect.
- I am responsible for my own behavior, and I will follow the teachers’ directions.